DrupalCons are for everyone who loves to build and grow with Drupal. These events bring together community leaders, developers, designers, content creators, and users to share their knowledge, skills, and experiences. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, DrupalCons are a perfect platform to expand your horizons, network with like-minded individuals, and have fun in the process!
And what could be a more effective way to interact with as many people as possible than to volunteer? The highly anticipated DrupalCon Pittsburgh 2023 is just around the corner, and we’re looking for event volunteers to make it a resounding success!
For starters, you get a free ticket when you volunteer for a minimum of 8 hours! If that doesn’t cut it for you, discover more reasons to volunteer and be a part of this exciting event:
- Scientific effects of giving – When you’re volunteering for an event you care about, you are giving your time and a part of yourself to it. This has multiple psychological, social, and physiological benefits for you. Studies show that giving can trigger the release of feel-good chemicals like oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin, resulting in a feeling of happiness, satisfaction and well-being.
- Personal development – After contributing to DrupalCon for the three years in a row, I am able to personally attest to my growth and the impact it has had on me. Volunteering helps you gain new skills, knowledge and experience. This can boost your self-confidence and enhance your personal growth.
- Building connections – This is one of my favorite reasons to contribute. Volunteering gives you a chance to interact with people from diverse backgrounds who have a very different skillset than yours. Learning opportunities are immense when you collaboratively work as a team.
- Community involvement – If you’re passionate about Drupal, you should love giving back to the community that helps build Drupal. It is simply the right thing to do if you’re using Drupal in any way. Being a part of an event as huge as DrupalCon is a great way to contribute and get involved with the community.
- Career advancement – Gain practical experience and demonstrate your commitment to the industry when you volunteer for DrupalCon. You are exhibiting your willingness to take the initiative and that’s a quality all employers are looking out for. Additionally, when you earn credits for your contributions, it benefits both you and your employer.
Open positions and How you can help
Out of the many opportunities to volunteer at DrupalCon Pittsburgh, we now have 3 open positions remaining. The Speaker Review committee, Marketing & outreach committee, Local Ambassador, Summit Program committees positions have been filled. Check out more details here.
DrupalCons are for everyone from anywhere! We strive to provide a fantastic experience for all DrupalCon attendees. We are seeking volunteers to make English second language attendees feel comfortable and at home. Do you speak a language other than English and want to help others have a better DrupalCon experience? This could be a perfect opportunity for you!
Time commitment: 15-20 hours till June 2023 (including 4 hours on-site at DrupalCon).
This is a great opportunity for you to pay it forward and support the next generation of leaders. As a Scholarship mentor, you will guide scholarship recipients through their DrupalCon journey. This being their first time at an event as big as DrupalCon, you will help them understand expectations like the Code of Conduct and also suggest programs they should attend. You will help them build better connections with members of the community who share similar interests. So basically, for them, you will be a friendly face in an unfamiliar environment.
Time commitment: 5-10 hours in May and June (including on-site at DrupalCon)
Logistics Contributors are the event superheroes, saving the day with their high-octane energy and smooth communication style! You will work with the event staff to manage the registration desk, warmly greet attendees, guide them to their destinations, and help with set-up/tear-down tasks. To ensure the smooth running of the event, you will also assist the Conference staff as needed.
Time commitment: 4-8 hours of on-site time at DrupalCon