Author: Swapnil M Mane
Working in Public: The Making and Maintenance of Open Source Software Audible Audiobook
Free with Audible trial
Welcome, August –we’re opening the month with another great week. Here’s what the Apache community has been up to:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
- Registrations are open for ApacheCon North America, 2022 https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/register.html
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 August 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50
different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data
centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot
– Over the past week, 244 Apache Committers and 725 contributors
changed 7,148,073 lines of code over 2,945 commits. Top five
contributors, in order, are: Claus Ibsen, Dan Haywood, Jinrui Zhang,
Andi Huber, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data –
Cloud Computing –
- Apache Kafka 3.2.1 released
- Apache JSPWiki 2.11.3 released
- CVE-2022-27166: XSS vulnerability on XHRHtml2Markup.jsp in JSPWiki 2.11.2
- CVE-2022-28730: Cross-site scripting vulnerability on AJAXPreview.jsp
- CVE-2022-28731: CSRF in UserPreferences.jsp
- CVE-2022-28732: Cross-site scripting vulnerability on WeblogPlugin
- CVE-2022-34158: User Group Privilege Escalation
- Apache Kvrocks (Incubating) 2.1.0 released
- Apache Linkis 1.1.3 (Incubating) released
Apache Community Notices
The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
“Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our “Powered By” logos.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Have an item? Contact us!
try to catch all the major announcements and goings on at The ASF, but
we’re not all-knowing. Have an item you want to see in the weekly
round-up? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.