The Moodle Products team recently completed our 3-monthly increment planning process during which we review our priorities and formalise our delivery plans for the quarter ahead as well as review our longer-term roadmap.
This increment will see us release Moodle Workplace 4.3, publish updates to our Mobile apps for both Moodle LMS and Moodle Workplace, as well as complete the upgrade to our MoodleCloud offering.
The Moodle Workplace release is scheduled for the week commencing the 7th of November and will help empower our users to unlock their creativity, facilitate collaboration and optimise learning outcomes thanks to a range of new functionalities including:
- Easier organisation structure management: Managing reporting lines, job roles and temporary assignments are being amplified, allowing for the manual assignment of managers, the introduction of a people-first view of all team members and centralised performance reporting for managers. This additional functionality will also make it easier to integrate Moodle with a wide variety of HR systems.
- Seamless public page creation with custom pages: With the enhancement in 4.3, administrators will be able to effortlessly craft public landing pages directly within Moodle Workplace, eliminating the need for external tools or platforms. Extending the reach of their training programs, advertising them to the public or selling courses online will be more effective than ever.
- Automated learning plan actions: Supported by dynamic rules, Learning Plans will be able to be assigned (or unassigned) automatically based on set criteria such as job role changes, ensuring that the right content is delivered to employees seamlessly.
- Automated course grade actions: Reward the performance of employees without having to think about it by leveraging new dynamic rules functionality that will be able to trigger actions based on course grades.
- And many many more, including improvements to tenant management functions, audit trials and useful new managers and jobs profile widgets.
The Moodle LMS teams will be progressing with work that will come to fruition in our 4.4 and 4.5 releases including:
- Adding the ‘Ordering Question type’ plugin into Moodle Core – this project is being sponsored by the Moodle User Association.
- Providing more options for LTI placements within the Moodle ecosystem.
- Enhancing the functionality and ease of use of Moodle Assignments.
- Reviewing and simplifying our Administration Settings.
- Implementing our new Course Hierarchy functionality.
- Refreshing our Activity icons.
- Improving our Notifications functionality.
- Getting ready for our upcoming upgrade to Bootstrap 5 and the implementation of key changes to our Web Services Architecture.
In addition, both Moodle LMS and Moodle Workplace are progressing towards WCAG Accessibility re-accreditation, with LMS due to be completed by the end of the calendar year.
To find out more about these upcoming improvements and to see what we have planned long term, please check out our Public Roadmap. From there, you can follow the links to the Tracker issues for even more details.
Until next increment!
The Moodle Products Team